Monday, February 20, 2017

Ya Wanna get Married ?

Well if you do, I've got the place to make it ultra special...and I figure pretty inexpensive compared to the great U.S, of A. where I've heard tell of people spending 40 or 50,000 big ones just on the ceremony and reception. Right next door to us is El Cid Marina where they have an event center on the beach that has to be the busiest marriage spot in Mazatlan. We've seen many of them but this last Saturdays was the nicest ever and with a smaller crowd than usually attend and listen to blaring Banda music until 4:00 a.m. The El Cid people are artist's at the erection of beautiful Pavilions, this is the nicest I've seen , up in a day and down the next.
Is that gorgeous or what ?  The sun is just setting and the music quaffs through the air . When you get off the water taxi you are greeted by Juan and Cindy who have just walked on this aisle to where a flowery trestle sits for the vows.
MPeasy and I actually had a wonderful wedding in the basement of my folks house but it was light years from this shin dig. We happened to be on the water taxi with the events director and I told her how beautiful it was and jokingly said that if I ever get married again we'd.....well ya know it turned out I had this same moment of overflowing sentimentality when we just happened to be at the Tropicana is Las Vegas on our 20th anniversary. I had gone to the wedding chapel and gotten a brochure. I found MP playing video poker in the 5 cent section and I showed her the brochure and asked if maybe she'd like to renew our vows. I got this look that I'm still getting used too after all these years...it's a kinda ' whats the matter with YOU ' look. And then to MP's credit she thoughtfully asked what the cheapest package was and I told here $ 380.00 . She quickly replied " lets split it in half, give me $ 190.00 and I can move up to the 25 cent video poker "....so, wouldn't ya love to be a part of something ;like this baby ?
Speaking of married life.....every guy who's been married ny on forty years like me has heard " what the hell is wrong with your aim " or the infamous " try getting a little bit inside"... So here in Mazatlan they have a simple solution that we should have come up with years ago....yup, a target in the urinal.  And there's even an arrow showing you where to hit for a 10 point  bulls eye. I'm gonna market this baby when I get back to Mile 14 as part of my ' how to happy in marriage in an 800 sq, ft condo for 4 months ' lecture.
mmmmmm.....some how or another I need to sag way into the subject of fish..... I KNOW....if you want to find me just look  for the guitar playing fish on a ground floor ( I prefer ' garden suite ' } unit door . This guy is actually my alter ego, my inner self.
Well that was an amazing lead in....what I really had to say about fish was this ( serious face now )....The Alaska Board of Fisheries started today to deliberate on Cook Inlet and mine and everybody else who fishes has their future at stake. I used to ring lead the charge for fairness against the commercial types but I retired from that and now all I can say to those doing the work is ' Keep THE Faith' brothers. I know a lot you read Mile 14 and I even expect some of you at the ADF+G read it too. So we're many, us Sport people. Our Kings need help. We will have a new policy on how to get the best and biggest on the spawning grounds. Us sport fisherman have a tool called catch and release for our part of that effort.....what do the commercial guys have like that ?.....mmmmm....Right now there is story in on ADN.Com ( Alaska Dispatch News } about Monica Zappa Iditarod racer who ' mushes for a cause' one of which is commercial fishing advocacy . The on-line story has a picture of her in a set net skiff holding up,,,,, yep, you got it.....two large King salmon . They always tell us that they try not to catch them and that red salmon are their bread and butter. The picture is  an ' in your face ' moment I'd say, kinda like getting flipped the bird.  It tells the story, the fish belong to them because they were here first. The fish belong to them because they have the commercial fishing ' culture' The fish belong them to them because sport people ' just play with our food'.... So here;s the deal for all my friends working so hard for all of us, thank you and good luck, we will prevail.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting as they just announced another year of catch and release for walleye on what used to be the great Mille Lacs Lake. It is all based the typical BS http://www.perm.org/

    ReplyDelete