Thursday, November 9, 2017

It's so hot ....

I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking. 10 minutes from the airport I asked Rueben to stop the cab for an 8 pack of Pacifico and when I left the cab my glasses instantly steamed and I stumbled into the store like I didn't need the Pacifico....And let me tell ya, it's wonderful to be here. At our house even though it's 90 degrees the ocean breeze blows through and it's really not bad, AND for the first time in a few years the air conditioner works and all our electronics are good to go. I'm typing this Mile 14 with the help of a new Telmex wireless router and the speed is incredible, sorry Alaska Communications.
How's that for a forecast ? Basically every day is the same, now that's something you don't see in Alaska where we say ' if you can't see the montains, it's raining . If you can see the mountains, it's going to rain.'

Thanks to my good buddy we got to enjoy the First class service with Alaska Airlines....they got it goin on.  Our flights were on time in a pleasant as it can be 18 hours our lives have changed. Looky here, they even wrap the real utensils with nice paper napkins.
I must be getting a bit older as for the first time in years I almost slept through my first morning to fish. We went out the night of our arrival and had shrimp tacos and ahhhhh,,,,Pacifico. Well I woke up in the morning and it was light. Yikes. That NEVER happens. So that fishing tide went poorly and this morning I kept my skunk intact. I might have caught a fish with more casts but you know me....I ran into an old friend and B.S.'d more than I fished.
So you know I'll be on the lookout for the stuff you just don't see in the 49th state like these ultra cool barbecue's on sale at the new Soriana store. I wish I had more to blog , I really need to keep this short as I have a lot to do....need to go get my guitar at Slah.s house, need to spool up the Stradic I brought for Alejandro, need to get over to Posada Branta Negroe and let Deb know we're in town, gotta get some smoked salmon to Gilberto, gotta.....well none of it is really earth changing or even too important AND it's a wonderful way to live. Hope ya come back...

No comments:

Post a Comment