Wednesday, March 4, 2020

42

That's not just Jackie Robinson's number but is also the number of years I've been married to Mary Patricia Brown, as of today.
I don't know what it is ya do
but every time I'm holding you
I know what my heart is for
I'm the one to lean on
got to be strong
It ain't just about me anymore

So good bye to my blind immaturity
cause lovin you made a man of me
                                   Gary Allan

Thanks Gary, that's the story. You see after the events of July 27th 1973 I was kinda hard to deal with for a long time. I was in shock, maybe PTSD'd, maybe just reckless. I got mad and quit jobs, I got fired from jobs, sometimes I just wouldn't have a job, I was a jerk...she had every reason, every reason to quit and didn't. She saved my life.

I could tell you funny stories. How we made it to the Motel 6 42 years ago tonight and I got a role of quarters for the Magic fingers. Or how I lost her on the mountain at Bridger Bowl the next day or.....but ya know I think I'll tell you how I got love right.  Kids, that helps define love. You have this little baby thats never done a darn thing for anybody and you love them instantly and crazily. Then I used my own selfishness. I've always been this self contained guy who HAS to be good at things and I just work at them until I am....Well it was about 15 years into our marriage and I had debt service anxiety from buying the boat launch and I realized I just wasn't that good of a husband and MP was working two jobs ( three actually with raising the boys ) and I decided I'd just work on it, make my love grow. And the weirdest thing happened, I began to notice things differently and I noticed that she loved me differently and we made a pact....and now....

I'll just say this. I hope all of you that read this have the kind of love in your life that I do...and if you don't I hope you find it, create it and then save it...MP's saying is right out our front door where I clean my reels everyday,
How couldn't ya love someone who fishes ' her own way '
So thanks MP for my life with you, I love you.
Hey , hey , hey....don't be mad baby. You didn't think I was gonna get out of this Blog entry without SOME kind of joke did you ?



3 comments:

  1. I've watched the two of you for 35 years. You're definitely "dialed in." Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is always beautiful when you have good health. For almost a year had HPV and I was lonely and sad luckily I was directed to a very kind and Great Dr Oso who helped me cure my HPV and today I am free from HPV and very healthy thank you so much Dr Oso Email him via: drosohaberhome@gmail.com or what-app +2348162084839  

              here is the DR OSO website.

    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/  

    you can also email me for more information about DR oso via jeneferalex123@gmail.com ALL THANK TO DR OSO  

    ReplyDelete