Monday, March 30, 2020

Music helps me, I hope it helps you

My friend Kiki recorded this for me a few years ago at his house in Mazatlan. As you can see we ain't afraid to bellow out a song. Of all the things I've done it my life getting to where I finally like ' my sound ' has been the hardest. I'd tell you it's taken years of work but like they say....' when you do it what you love you never work a day in your life'. I've been lucky that way.

So with all of us sequestered in our homes I thought a few songs would help everybody's cabin fever. Here at Mile 14 we've been skiing and walking the river but there's still a lot of winter here. A side order of springtime will go a long ways to making social distancing a lot easier.
There we are, the 1st two people to be at Fall-in-Hole for the 2020 season. Alaska is an amazing place, within 5 or at the most 6 weeks we'll be boating on that river...but yesterday when we did our river walk it 20 degrees which was about as warm as it got all day.
A couple years ago me and MP almost got stomped by a moose when we got between her and her knew calf which we didn't see...so...the city if Soldotna wouldn't have put this up if it weren't serious. Ya gotta love Alaska. It's been a long winter for those moose.
Any of you that saw Clint Eastwood's ' The Mule ' well recognize this song. As the credits rolled Toby Keith sang us the secret.
I hope Blogger will give me enough room for one more, a Cody Jinks song I worked up. I'm going to sit down tonight and record a really cool song that I have now and then I'm working to find a way to get a video off of MP"s phone that she took of me and Diana and Jack playing live in Mazatlan....Stand by, I'll try to get more out soon.
We'll try one more....here's a bout 30 seconds of my friend Carl, that guy can play that ol Crafter guitar of mine. Next year we gotta work some stuff up together eh Carl ?
Well it looks like Blogger will give me more space so I just sat down and did a couple of the newest...If you think I got a Cody Jinks deal going you're right, his songwriting takes me to where I was when I discovered country music, personal. This song is short and is about how some of us. (me) seem to always anticipate the worst. Optimist say ' there's a light at the end of the tunnel'...pessimist say ' but what if that light at the end of the tunnel is a train ? 

I think that's about enough....but listen to these lyrics about life and the creative process....It seems to me that we learn the simplest things in the simplest ways and just don't recognize it until we have a volume of life's events to draw on....

No comments:

Post a Comment