Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Left Foot


Yup, thats what you're looking at. I know all of the women out there know and appreciate the healthy benefits of a good pedicure but I'll bet most of the men don't.

A few days ago MP and I went to to town to get money at the ATM. Theres something about peso's that makes me view them like monopoly money and so much easier to spend than greenbacks. A few weeks back as I was killing time waiting for the Sports Book to open so I could get my bet down on the Daytona 500 I got hustled into 'Diva's Spa' for a beard trimming. Of course MP's best and smartest friend is a Diva so I knew we were connected. So as we walked by this morning on our way to our daily 10,000 steps and with a new pocketful of pesos I suggested a pedicure for the 2 of us at Diva's.
The first thing that happens is they take a sharp little knife tool and cut away all that useless skin above your toenails. Then you get em trimmed just right. In my case I have a little toenail thats wavy and about as thick as a Pacifico bottle top. With some sanding and grinding it looks just like the one I was born with. Magic. But I gotta tell you, as all this was going on I felt a little bit like Trigger on a visit to the farrier. The nails are done and its time to get rid of that 1/4 inch of calous I've developed on the bottom of my feet. More grinding and sanding, I think they call it and emory board. Emory....mmmm...I don't know. Then comes the thorough cleaning followed by the massage. I even had the gal probe around on the bottom of my foot like a surgeon as I had a sticker in there from the beach. A half hour after we start I'm down 300 peso and have the pinkest feet you've ever seen. March on.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I am afraid to ask the obvious question about polish color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MP went with a real nice light golden / skin tone. I passed on the polish as I thought it would detract from my new Butterfly tatoo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeff-

    I arrive in Mazatlan on 3/25, will you still be in town?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on final countdown Jason, 5 days and counting till we're back at mile 14. Very few Roosters since you've been gone. I'm thinking of a trip in October just for them, what do you think?....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, you know this last blog is going to bring up a whole slew of knew discussion and jokes on the next fishing trip, right?!?! I'll make sure Doug isn't too harsh! Can't wait for salmon season!!!

    ReplyDelete