Friday, January 20, 2012

In the Flow

Well,that's where we're at,  going on 3 weeks in Maz we're finally in the flow....life has slowed right down. A little speed bump last night with MP being the first on injured-reserve with the tourista. The only thing she ate different than me was an unwashed apple so I'd guess that's the culprit. It hit her about 3 am. So I have her some Electrolit to rehydrate and shes on the mend. Mp has always had a strong constitution, she says she got it from picking up bubble gum from the sidewalk as a kid...well, the immunity wore off.

My friend Charlie McDonald says that at our age and with our level of activity that if you're ever completely pain free theres a good chance its because you're dead...well, I'm almost there and I attribute it to the Reumofan Plus regime that me and half of Mazatlan are on. Its only sold in Mexico and is an mix of all natural ingredients some of which we know to work in the USA.  It has Holm Oak form the Mexican Province of Durango (this is reputed to also be an anti carcinogen) , Shark Cartilage, glucosimine, Vitamins, Calluna Vulgaris from Mexico and a thing called Gausima from Cuba. So my shoulder is way better and I'm casting the 3 ounce lures like a young guy....the problem is, this week our bite kind of disappeared.

This morning found Team X with great tides, a nice surf break and a beautiful sunrise...no pescado. The first pic is the sun coming up over the 4th point 15 miles north or Mazatlan. The surf was washing up the bank real well so I got down to get the foamy white water into the show, I just love  that.

So below is Jay, Alberto and Bernardo. You can tell  by the looks on their faces that they're not stressed about our poor showing, been skunked before...gonna get skunked again. The highlight of the day was a new guy named Ron we met who showed up with a brand new type of Power Pro line that nobody had seen before, so ol Ron ramped things up in the cool 'gotta have gear' program.
So theres a lot of talk going on and more testosterone floating around than the last Kenai River Guide meeting I attended. But Ernies got to keep throwing, his persistence and stamina for guy his age is ultra impressive...And walla...he hits the payoff. Well Erns a little hot headed and this thing came close to what he calls a 'schamozle'. We're howling, it ain't much, I don't know what it is and it looks semi poisonous but by jiminy its more than anybody else caught, even the legendary Slah Sali who's directing as you can see.
Me and MP road tripped the other days to get my meds...even with insurance this stuff is way cheaper in Mexico, I wonder why? I take enalapril for my blood pressure and now I'm on omeprazole (prilosec) for my acid reflux which caused my throat to lock up last summer that caused half of Soldotna to laugh and recommend I chew my food better. So on the way I came up with a new advertising plan, always networking you know. So this summer if I get a guy who says he heard about me on the Sablo Centro Liguid Courage bus in Mazatlan Mexico I'm supplying the Pacifico's....for sure.
I consider myself a pretty creative guy with a healthy imagination.  Sometimes when I'm singing I imagine that I sound like Gary Allan and sometimes when fishing I imagine that 30 pound king is really 52 pounds. So it was kind of cool to come across this blue print on how it all really works....ya just gotta open up your mind baaaaaaaby.....just let it flow, get in the flow, be the flow, feel the flow, know the flow...

No comments:

Post a Comment