Monday, January 2, 2012

Thats a mighty long airplane ride

I wanted to post about the trip yesterday but as much as I love Mexico, my computer doesn't. It took me a day just to get it to speak english to me so I could re figure out how to down size my pics. But perserverance is one of my things and we got it figured out....

Me and MP just gained 5000 miles and 100 degrees. That jet is an amazing deal when you  think about. we leave my house at 7 pm and its -15, 15 hours later its Mazatlan and 78 degrees....As happens in our small state of Alaska we ran into our friends Jeff and Pam Breakfield at the Anchorage airport. They're on their way to Cabo to fish and Jeff works for Fish and Game so guess what we talked about ? Wow, we're off to a good start on this deal.
As we're walking through the Sea Tac MP notices these kids, pretty cool. They're obviously triplet and they are pulling identical bags with there mom having them lined, ducks in a row. Pretty darn cute if you ask me.
One the way down we always sit onthe right side of the plane so we can see the ocean, in fact I have a ttradition that when I first see the water is when I go in the bathroom and get on my shorts and a wife beater shirt. I wanted you to see the beach we fish so there it is. The point to the left is Point Cerritos and our building and many others are just up from it, the isolated beach to the right is Oceanica and the place we go to is about 3/4 the way down in this pic a place we call Gringo point. Its a pretty cool dynamic in that when we fish there its totally undeveloped, you can't see a single house or building looking up or down the beach...but off in the distance are the skyscrapers.
My favorite thing on this trip is that first smell and feel of Mexico. Here they don't use the jetway, we just walk down the stairs and you are greeted by that humidity and smell of Mexico. Its hard to describe and I'd bet some people don't like it but I sure do....that smell is a like a cross between diesel fumes and good organic farm dirt with a little human smell thrown in, I guess to describe it right...its just smells like Mexico.
Showing up at our building although jet lagged is just tooooo much fun. everybody is happy to see us and in total Jethronian style we're told that the weather just broke for us. It had been cold and windy but the day we arrived its normal again, 75 degrees as we watch our first sunset. AND....our first sunset has what I call the 'human assist'....pretty cool.

So my friend Slah will download me a program to reduce the pics and I'd bet dollars to donuts that our first real day of fishing tommorrow will produce divedends. So please come back, we'll have dead fish soon....OH, as I walked and fished right here this morning it gave me great optimism for the roosterfish. The waters warmand there are a lot of mullet around and we know where theres mullet also is the guyo. So I think we'll be catching them, don't bet against us

2 comments:

  1. Waiting in anticipation for your fish pictures. I know that Mexican smell and love it too. So what do you think the river is going to do at mile 14 this week. I am on the hydrologic gauge web site says 11.3 . Built our daughter a cabin down by poachers cove. Just wondering what you think. Say have a great time in Mex. We are heading down Jan 26 home first part of March.. woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect that where your cabin is that it'll be OK...that salmon run area around the canal is the worst. Those folks have to be tired of it happening so often. That Kenai is a fickle one ain't it Marcie?

    ReplyDelete