Monday, February 6, 2012

Painless

Ahhhhh...the mantra of Team X, why make life complicated when sometimes its just this simple? It was a great week. MP hit a 500 peso score on a superbowl board, I caught many a toro and listened to some live music right here at our building that was incredibly good and we had a wonderful pescado feed at Slah's house and superbowl at Stans, the exclusive Tower 360 here on Cerritos beach. But, there was one little speed bump...I've had one of my gold crowned molars kind of loose for a couple years now so I thought I better get it looked at. I'm not real good with dentists, in fact next to elevators they might be my least favorite thing, I'd rather get my finger slammed in a car door than have a tooth extracted but that's exactly what had to happen this week. My friend and dentist Franciso Echeagaray said it had to go, in fact I'd been fighting an infection for who knows how long and the jig was up.......So, how long has it been, or have you ever, been in a professional health care office when they have time for small talk and you discuss fishing, the Beatles and the upcoming Carnaval events? Well thats Francisco's M.O., if theres a such thing as a pleasurable dental experience it has to be his.
So this morning he looked at the gaping hole where my tooth used to be and said alls good with the world. MP scheduled a cleaning and I'm going to get a filling replaced soon, a little preventative dentistry as I'm starting to run low on chompers.   Just as the doc ordered I iced the tooth and abstained from cerveza and of course the enemy of all tooth extractions, milk and milk products.  I have to say that even though I was a doubting Thomas the extraction was pain free....except for the part where he stuck the #2 pencil sized needle full of novacaine in me...3 times....and I left with this wisdom.

As we left Francisco's MP and I were talking about maintenance and keeping our good dental and all around health. Well, I'm kind of soft for VW Beetles ever since I drove to Alaska in one as a young man and this one told the whole story of how to view the ageing process, maintenance. Just like the guy who drives this VW I'm convinced a lot of it is state of mind, just perception and how to view the world and your part in it with a healthy and positive manner.

Lucky for us Franciscos office (and house) is close to the malecon. Me and MPeasy have a hand holder going, its 10 am and we've got a hankering for nice fresh coconut, one of Mexicos simple pleasures. We find this 'cococ, helados' spot on the beach and have not one but two. If you've never had one before you'd be astounded by how much juice is in each one.
Then you have the machete expert open the coco up and carve out the meat. We like ours authentic style with lots of chili sauce and limon drizzled over the top. Mmmmmm baby, and you know when I was a kid I thought coconut was dry and kind of disgusting, well it ain't....its moist, flavorful and I think pretty darn good for your health. and getting them here on the Malceon is certainly good for your mental health....Pure La Vida as we say in Mazatlan....

1 comment:

  1. So he didn't simply tie a string to the tooth and slam the door!

    ReplyDelete