Monday, December 31, 2012

In the 'Flow'

One of the reasons that we do an extended stay in Mexico is because it takes a while for me to get into the flow of a slower life. I'm a guy that has to do everything and I usually do everything now, my friend Tom Shya says that instant gratification isn't fast enough for me. So, the first few weeks here can be a bit intense for my running partner. Already we've gone to the Isla, a baseball game, the Christmas Midway, fished everyday, walked the malecon, had coconuts and Menudo, been to the mercado and here's a pic of me and MP with our new haircuts. We had the girl at the mercado's tamale stand take the pic after we ate.
We met Felecia a couple years back as we walked the neighborhoods in Centro, she saw that long hair I'm famous for and wouldn't take no for an answer, she's been cutting my hair ever since. I'd have loved to take a pic of her and the salon but I just couldn't do it, I like her to much to have her think that I think theres anything unusual about her place, its just spartan is all. She's fabulous, I get a great cut and a 1/2 hour Spanish lesson as well as an ear lobe trim and nose hair extraction....I just wish I hadn't got her a little side tracked so she'd remembered to do BOTH of my eye brows. I got one that's perfect and then I've got the Andy Rooney side. And MP's cut, well what can I say...she looks great.
That's a view from the malecon right after we got off the #1 ' Johny Boy' bus on the way to the ball game. The Venado's won the Caribean World Series a few year back and like my Mariners this team is light years away from thoseglory days. But we did win, beating Hermisillo 3-1. They had a special event night to honor a guy named Wille Aikens that played here in the mid 80's and went on to stardom with the Kansas City Royals. We even got our pics up on the megatron, that was kinda weird. Here's a pic of our guys celebrating the win.
I have yet to catch a roosterfish and its driving me nuts. The last two mornings at sun up I've been all around them. 90% of the problem are all these toro's, you can't reel in without catching one and all the while you're getting the hook out the roosters are slashing around at your feet. For you Kenai guys its like wading through the pinks with a pixie to get at the silvers...by a factor of 3. As you can see they chase these baitfish onto the beach so the first part of your retrieve you're in the game, and then as soon as you're close ...toro on. As far as fishing problems go, to many fish is not a bad problem to have but I gotta to tell you...it'll make ya crazy when you're handling this little guy all the time theres a 35 pound rooster splashing around 15 feet from you....like this morning.

We have a low pressure rain system that just hit. Its strangely warm yet overcast and the rain is like I've never felt, its NOT cold, its  pleasant to stand in the rain and fish. So...that's exactly what we do. Me and MPeasy wading and throwing and I lead and she questions it and I get her really splashed well navigating some rocks and she says she new better than to trust me and I change her lure and  she thinks its a crappy one and I say it ain't and she wants to pick her own and.....gawd, its just perfect.
Happy New Year to everybody. We wish you success in love, life,health and wealth in 2013....

3 comments:

  1. An interesting paradox to my last week! It's amazing where hair grows these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hows about them ear lobes Dave...pretty soon mine'll be long enough to tuck into my shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Fish Mount

    ReplyDelete