Monday, September 23, 2013

Brrrrrrrr......these are hard earned salmon

That's my friend Nate and his grandson Lucas. They came down to help me wind down the season last weekend. It was so cool, Lucas didn't know he was going fishing and you can just see that twinkle when he spends time with is grandpa....and vice versi, these two's relationship kinda had me thinking about just how special that deal is. They're running buddies and friends, they're motivators and counselors, they're support and love...lots of that. Then after we broke up from fishing another ultra cold fall day I ended up at my old friend Neil Arthur's 60th birthday party. His house was full of grand kids, 6 or 7 I'd guess. Anybody that knows Neil knows how much fun they were having, pretty cool. So....if either of you two King kids is reading this I have one thing to say...chop chop, andalay andalay, let's get to work on that project.
Kevin Fuze and his dad Mike are a couple of my favorite people. They hit the only semi warm day of the week. Always thinking ahead I traded Kev some fishing for 1/2 dozen t-shirts from his lodge for my fishing team in Mazatlan. Good day for everybody I'd say. Here's a pic of me with one of the silvers those guys caught, as you can see the fish are just tremendous this year. After all we've been through with King salmon it's just so cool to see and know that our silver fishery is just fine.
I don't know if I've ever really met anybody that lives in Aspen Colorado, and I meet a lot of people. But John and Casey here local Aspenites and cool ones at that. Being a former ski bum we had a lot talk about and it was a good thing because we didn't have a bite for the first 4 hours of fishing. And then....once we got that stink off with the first fish we built some pretty good momentum and had a great day. Never say woow in a horse race, right?
So fall is arriving. I've had ice in the boat that looked like snow and I've had to thaw out my water pump before heading downriver, it was 25 degrees at the launch when we started the other morning. But you know me, I'm like a bad house guest, the first to arrive and the last to leave, so we'll be doing one more week of it. Please come back, I'll try to get some footage that might make you feel some of that early morning briskness when we run down river, the sun just creeping up, expectations and wonder in the air, your hands kinda numb when you know you've found the right place to fish and splash the anchor. We're gonna savor that this week because it's gotta last a winter, and it will.....
But we still got fresh veggies..........thanks MP.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Fish Mount Package

    ReplyDelete