Monday, September 16, 2013

This + that....but mostly this...

Here's a pic of me playing a dark candy apple Mexican made Fender Stratocaster.  This guitar and I have bonded. I now see why the Strat is 'the players' guitar, it just fits your body and feels like it was special made for your contours. It sounds great. It stays in tune. The 'sustain is fantastic. The action is low and fast...this darn thing is making a player out of me when I used to be just a singer...with the guitar.
When I got my Gibson electric I new right away that I was kinda 'over playing' the guitar and not letting it sustain. The Gibson cost a bunch and I have a Martin that cost a whole bunch and I have this Strat that I just love and play the most, it might have cost 400 bucks....but it's Sam's. Like young people do when he moved to the 48 he left it behind, even told me I could have it which I'm still kinda bothered by. But that's the secret, it's Sam's and it's holding onto those lead licks he's done with me, it's holding that part of him and giving it to me. I believe that, I really do. So Samurai.... I love you and that red guitar, I'm sending you some lettuce for it. Or, I got a great idea, ya wanna swap a really cool 1979 Gibson????

On Tuesday our River 'blew out' pretty darn good. It just couldn't handle 14 or so straight days of rain and we're at the highest water I've ever fished in. It's weird. It's holding it's color and we're still catching fish. It crested on Saturday and now it looks like it will fall into the usual get ready for winter mode and we'll eek out some really good fishing trips has the month retires. I took a few days off this week but my message to everybody who launched was this: be careful. The water is running so fast that if something happens it's going to happen really quickly. It rained so much I didn't take a lot of pics but on Tuesday we did pretty darn good and it a torrential down pour Dale caught his dandy and a few days later Molly caught he first ever Alaskan fish, cool. The silvers this year are just tremendous, nice and big.
I just got back from my bike ride and was I impressed with the folks fishing at Centennial Campground. There's a fishing culture at work there that's exactly what this thing ought to be about. The folks are patient and helpful with each other, they're not crowding the place at 4 a.m. to 'get' the best place and none of them party boat fish, ain't got a boat. It's a pretty relaxed scene and I can see that it's about the fishing, that's what I like....so keep it up you guys, someday I'll join you. And if any of you reading want to catch a few silvers the easy way, it's happening right now....get on down to Centennial or heck, even here at Mile 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment