Monday, February 23, 2015

Team Work

Like a successful Forbes top ten company or even a successful political career communication and transparency are keys to keeping the wheels on an elite fishing machine like Shark Team X....Now one of us and I'm not mentioning any names but his initials are Ernie Mills had a great morning after the day last week that we had our schamoozle. He got to the Holiday on Weds morning and caught a huge Yellow tail Corvina, legit 6 kilo. So when I hear about that I hustle over there the next morning and access the situation....it's a building tide and the rocks are covered by maybe only 2 feet of water, a very difficult formula for the preferred plastic so I settle on a shallow diving Mirro Lure and within 20 minutes I have this gorgeous creature.
So I get home knowing that we need a full mobilization of the Team and pretty much a max effort. I mean two good fish in two mornings with just me and the Ern....just think of the damage we can do with more power. So I call Slah and  guess what ??? he doesn't know about the fish, yikes. But no harm no foul, we settle into a war room mode and get the rally set for the next morning, all hands on deck. Here's a pic of the total effort, man , woman and child....and although I had the greatest time fishing and visiting with all my friends we caught nadda. Every one of us knows the deal....'ya shoulda been here yesterday' and it's always gonna be better tomorrow.
So Ern leaves at 8:00, I think he kinda new we were going to put him on K.P. duty if he kept hanging around and said one single more word about the nice fish he'd caught. I got home about 10:00 and as I was setting up my office for the days reading, writing and general b.s. I looked out and saw the Bonita's coming in.....they close on the shore and when the time was right I fired and caught this noble fish on about my 3rd cast. The problem is that these guys are so powerful that in the time it takes to wear him down and land him the rest of his school mates have moved on. It's just one per Skip Jack bite I guess. I was gonna let him go but my friend Antonio from El Cid sent the lifeguard a running so they got a nice fresh tuna supper.
When you catch a nice fish like that Corvina people just seem to be excited. So I made a some new friends and the fish becomes a loaner. This couple here had me i-phone them a few pics and I just figured I'd better get a couple myself...how could you not put those smiles on a blog entry.
Our favorite bartender and romantica singer Martin offered to prepare him for us that night and man was it good. We just laid it out with a little salad and some macaroni for anybody who wandered by, it must have fed 20 people. Martin used to work at restaurant's so he knows the way. He has this unique way of  'breaking' the fish into 3 connected pieces, he even splits the head right down the middle. Then like most things in Mexico it gets some lime juice and his special Zareanado sauce and into the fish basket and onto the outdoor grill...
So me and MP figured that if we were having fresh fish we might as well have some fresh music too. When I play we usually put a note on the board so the building knows to come if they want. But this night we decided it's be more for us and as people came and went all night it worked out great. Kind of like my fishing sometimes we like quality as much as quantity. Here's a a pic of our friends listening to Martin strum that black Takamine.
For me it was great. I got to play the love songs and message songs that I like so much. I'm not adverse to playing the party songs that I'm kind of known for but sometimes you just gotta slow down and breath a little. I played to some tables un amplified and then I cranked it up and played my favorites....even got in a nice up tempo copy of ' Born to be Wild'.....Thanks for a great night Martin and everybody......this is how I feel about it, being driven by the music.

2 comments:

  1. I know from personal experience it is possible two catch 2 Skip Jack per bite but I think luck has a lot to do with that so I'll let you slide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous as usual but happy to see you enjoying that beautiful Mexican sunshine and fishing. Keep at it my friend. Hope to hear you strumming on that guitar. Still trying to put together my next Mexico trip, much over due. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete