Monday, February 9, 2015

The thin blue line

A few years back I met a cool guy here named O'neil who rumor control reports having opened up a restaurant in Playa Sur. Of course it's called the Playa Sur Cafe and we have absolutely no idea where it's at, luckily Mazatlan is only a city of 800,000 so it shouldn't be that hard to just look for it eh ? So this morning we decide to get our walk in on the Malecon and then find O'Neil and have some of those marvelous chaquilles we heard about. Well....after walking the entire length of Aquiles Serdan we came to the conclusion it wasn't on that street as I was so sure it was....But MP kept saying 'it's on the Blue Line, the blue line"....mmmm, well I didn't know we had a Blue Line and even if I did I wouldn't know where it was at or what it might look like. So imagine my shock when we actually stumbled upon the ' Blue Line'.
As you can see that IS without a doubt the ' Blue Line'. But what now ? We're confronted with the same situation I've bumped into my entire life....which way on the Blue Line, left or right ? I had this same predicament  in the wilderness of Alaska one time while looking for my boat on Tustemena Lake....mmmm....it ain't here so do we go up the lake or down the lake ???? And just like on the big lake on our search for the cafe we took the wrong way. But hey, we had a 50 / 50 chance and a couple can always use another 2 miles of exercise. And O'Neil....we finally found your wonderful spot on the Blue Line in Playa Sur.....I'm gonna talk with ya about that closed on Monday's deal O'Neil....

As you can tell, I'm feeling almost 100%  and it felt great to get out fishing with Team X yesterday. This place we go is what we call 'marbley' because it's fairly steep and the small rocks are like ball bearings. You really have to watch the surf as it's dangerous....in a gorgeous way. Here's a pic I took of Slah and Ramon on point after we had surrounded a school of Corvina. We caught a few and let me tell I was just soooo happy to be back in the game. Thanks guys it was a wonderful day in the outback.
Here's a pic of my new friend Tim Lockwood with one of the most noble fish I've ever captured. He's caught several of these Bonita ( Skipjack Tuna) in the last few days, some guys have the knack. I met Tim on the beach last year and he comes for several weeks every year. There's fishermen and then there's ' fisherman' and Tim is definitely one of us....he fishes hard, he has this wry understated humor and like the Pro's from Dover he knows the way....all smiles. Welcome to the team Tim...We might be the most misunderstood - multi national - sleepless - hopeful fishing team in Mazatlan....But you're gonna like us.....and oh.....nice fish buddy.
So in the viewer participation part of this deal could you guys help me out with a couple things that are bothering me ????? First off, just what the hell is that Blue Line for ? Yikes, craziest thing I've ever seen. It's just a stripe down the middle of a road that doesn't seem to start or stop and hows about the boat bollards it runs into ( I just made that word up, but it oughta stand for what those ship tie up deals are)....oh, if you know that let me know too !  Secondly, what day is it ?  ( that's a sign of a good life when you don't know the answer to that question)....but seriously, something big was going on today at the city hall. We bumped into the marching bands and the military, the pageantry was impressive....So really now, click on the little boxes below and help me out... I needs to know.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to tell you that the blue line was put there by the blue shirts for a self guided tour of Centro but my 4G tablet usually zeroes out before a get done typing. I made it .

    ReplyDelete