Saturday, February 28, 2015

The unusual, weird and beautiful

Well to start with....you don't usually see fish this beautiful. I was feeling kinda bad because I over slept and didn't meet Ern at the Holiday as planned. Well I caught a few toro and then I had the big tug. I was throwing my light outfit , 20 lb. Power Pro, 2 oz. Lazer Minnow from Trusty Hardware and fishing on a Stradic 4000 and my Fish Eagle Rod rated for 1/2 to 3 oz. I was a little under geared for this guy. Wow, 20 minutes later I pulled him from the surf and a new fishing friend snapped this series of pics.
And here he is on the beach awaiting some dentistry.
He's on his way for release
one last look see
and he's back in his natural element and a little revival
I'm telling him mucho gracias and pointing the way home....get going buddy.
For sports guys like us that fish there is the creme de la creme, the ultimate challenge in surf fishing.

But don't think I just screwed off the whole week fishing everyday, I found time to wander the planet and look for the unusual....ya know....things that I like. Like this VW Limo, I've always had a soft spot for bugs as me and my brother both owned them as kids....a blue one almost like that took me to north to Alaska....the adventure was on.
Ya gotta love the gardener that has the time, know how and desire to do this. If you're a tree lover (and who ain't)...( I said lover not hugger) it don't get to much better than this.
I don't know why but I think they're called 'Ape Hangers'...and this guys got it going on.
I don't know what ya'd do with them but why not have some life size paper mache people hanging around your house ?
Now I got a neighbor at Mile 14 ( hope ya ain't reading Oz) that went a little goofy when the local Electric Coop showed up and wanted to trim and cut trees that were close to the power lines. I learned my lesson in Mazatlan, they do that for a reason...and man I don't want my palm trees at home looking like this, no way.
The other night I was on countdown for this 'naval assist' sunseta. He was on a true bearing and I didn't even move.....pure magic.
Guitars are beautiful objects so my friend Kevin Olson new that I'd like this depiction. It tells the story, the music is like that....it can make you reflect, it shines, it takes you away, it can contrast and change so much and sometimes you'll be blue.....But not today !
Hope everyone is having a great week.............JSK


1 comment:

  1. Very Nice..!!! Like you always have said ..Why get up early to Fish..They Live There....cjfsr

    ReplyDelete