Tuesday, November 8, 2016

It's a little warmish


And that's no joke. The jet age is a wonderful thing, I took this going away pic at Mile 14 about 5:00 p,m. and it was 36 degrees . A short 24 hours later snapped this pic, it was 93 degrees and as you can see the humidity has us all fogged up and we've been kinds fogged up ever since we got here. This is the earliest we've ever been to Mazatlan and I guess ol guide #003 under estimated the weather....but it's a wonderful problem to have.
MP has a gorgeous new kitchen. Custom cedar cabinets and concrete counter tops with a really cool one handle faucet, we're waiting on one more counter top and then I'll post a pic. Prior to this project I would have called b.s. on you if you told me that termites could eat your particle board cabinets until they literally fell off the wall, but it's true and only one of the challenges of ownership in hot and humid Mazatlan. the first few days here you spend battling the gremlins that visit while you're gone, the corrosion of both the saltwater environment and the humidity is astounding....At mile 14 it would drive me nuts to have this all going on but here....well. it's just normal. Here's a short list of my projects.....
1. The air conditioner is broke again....but it did work for the first day thank goodness,
2. My internet router wouldn't power up....took a while but I realized the surge protector corroded out.
3.Our water cooler leaked a 4 gallon puddle overnight.
4. The slider wouldn't slide.
5.Our fridge is making a really weird sound....kinda a warning sound I think.
6. And the strangest is that after I cleaned all the co-ax connection of corrosion and got the TV working only half of it works...and you know me, it's the left side.
A buddy of mine told me to quit sniveling 1/2 broke is better than 3/4 broke.... I told him ya know when you're watching Fox News 1/2 is more than enough. And oh, it's election day so the busted TV is gonna put a weird twist on a weird election, I'm gonna need a few beers for that deal.

By now you've noticing that something really important is missing from this blog post . It's true, I ain't had a single tug on the line yet and I worked it pretty darn good this morning. The beach is so quiet that i anybody catches it'll be me. But I did get ya fish pic....how's about these dry sardine snacks that have different seasonings on them. They're real crunchy and really really fishy tasting so you go for a nice little dip in salsa picante and wash em down with a nice cold .....Pacifico , of course.
Stand by for fish a bit larger,

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fishing for a while............they do make drugs for that. My last day was Oct 23 and my next trip is December 3rd in Naples, FL. Lord knows if even there will ice when I get back, I am sure somewhere. Looking forward to your first fish!

    ReplyDelete