Sunday, November 1, 2015

ants in my pants

That's what I got. All this prep work for Mexico is making me restless, we've got exactly 19 days until launch. I've been hitting the gym twice a day to get my weight down and my legs in shape for walking and I'm keeping my calorie intact to less than 2000. Right now I'm at 190 pounds so there's still hope I can make the 185 in which case I'll celebrate with an order of french fries and post a pic of the new leaned out Jeff King....we'll see.
When I met MP many moons ago there were a couple of unbelievable things about her. One was that she actually liked me and the other was her artwork. That painting above was commissioned by Juan who just built the new Acapulco Restaurant . He bought three desert scenes from her this spring when she did the Art Show at the coffee shop and then wanted a this scene that reminds him of home. Pretty darn cool huh ?

We finally have snow and we like it here at Mile 14. MP and I like to walk the river and as she says ' see's who's around ' by marking their tracks. So for all you Stewart's Landing lovers here's a couple pics of what she looks like with a trace of termination dust.
But on this day we were a little short on wild animals. Here's a couple pics of the only two we came across, one of which will be headed to the dump soon and the other on a southern migration via the western fly-way.
So this morning ( we take Sunday off from the gym ) we decided to do our one hour walk at Centennial Park, it's our favorite. Well I thought I was a pretty hard guy when it came to fishing but when we came around the corner at the boat launch we see this guy, the last of the Mohican's try to catch the last silver salmon in the lower Kenai River, it was 22 degrees out. This year the late Silver run was phenomenal , instead of losing steam towards the end of September and into October it seemed to actually bump some. Combined with the warm weather I've been regretting winterizing the boat so early. This guy told me that last week he caught five....
 Here's a pic of one of the many boardwalks the park has on it 100's of acres. It's why we just love to hike there, in the off season it's quiet and woodsy and well...this Park is maybe the coolest feature of our pretty cool town.
Being a bit bored and sticking to my mantra of  ' whats worth doing, is worth over doing ' I've been collecting surf rods. Last year I brought home from Mexico my huge Bazooka rod case as I had a rod for warranty and so I figure if it has to go back it might as well go back full. I got a smoking deal on a 10' caster that I put spinning eyes on, then I traded my friend Keith a fishing trip for one, then I just had to buy one at Bass Pro....ya just can't go in that place without dropping some lettuce ya know. Then I have the one fixed that broke and  the other day I spotted a Lamiglass that I just had to have, I think they're the best rods in the world and own about twenty of them.....So this blog will get fun again real soon so I hope you keep looking. I'll put up fishing pics as soon as I land and if you get to Mazatlan drop by, we'll go fishing....I got a few 'loaners' .


3 comments:

  1. See you there in jan I think I need a robalo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope we don't miss you Tim, we're going to PV from the 8th to the 16th....

    ReplyDelete