Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mile 5,414

Thats as far away as we are from mile 14 I figure. Getting started here this year has been difficult and I meant to publish sooner, and with pictures. But as luck would have it I got sick right off the bat and just now I relized that my computer won't recognise the brand new memory card I bought for the trip. The good news is that if I weren't writing the blog I might not know I was taking pictures I couldn't use. So I have another card that works and next time action photos.

Anybody whos had a good case of the 'touista/infirma can tell you its no fun. You'd think I'd get used to it as its a yearly event but theres some things in life you'll never get used I guess. I came home from fishing out north with my friend Slah and MP had a fresh tamale for me. She asked the man what the meat was and he said "bif". I went to the gym to work out and oh baby my guts were rockin and rollin....so then home, sick, hydrate, sleep....better.

I had a picture of my first case of Pacifico as it struck me funny. One thing that is enchanting about Mexico is that everything happens slow, everything, except that is beer delivery. On sunday I take my case of empties from last year and 190 pesos to the front desk. They make a call, the truck arrices and exactly one hour later a knock on the dooe announces we have beer to watch the Broncos get creamed with.

Tourism here is way down, more than last year. Our first night we went to 0ur favorite place Are Lu Lu in the Gold Zone. Its a great place and has been around for 20 years. They had 2 tables and did something I'd never ever heard of in Mexico...they lowered the price of the tequila.

I did catch my first fish of the trip monday morning. we went out north to look for the rooster and all that happened is a school of what they call "loco fish" swam by. They call them loco because they jump and go crazy and you almost never land them as they are so soft the hook just pulls out. They're about a foot long and skinny with big scales and a forked tail. The Mexicans swear by the ceviche it makes. This year the water is unusually warm and all the experts say the fishing will be difficult. Its always something eh? To much tide, not enough tide, to warm, to cold...should of been here yesterday.......Later


1 comment: