Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The world is not all the same.

Finally feeling 100% today I practiced my fishing in front of the unit for a few hours. MP and I had breakfeast and then decided to hop the bus and take our daily walk in oldtown for a good dose of Mexican culture and people watching. We walked then had a lunch of nice stomach soothing tamale soup then went to the central market and bought fish for supper and veggies to make ranchero sauce.
One of the first things we came across was this beautiful Christmas tree. It must be Mazatlans official tree as it sits proudly in Revolution Square. Its made of clear plastic Coke bottles with different colored water in them. Cool.

In Mazatlan you can take a number 2 bus for 50 pesos or a number 1 bus for 90 pesos. The extra 40 pesos gets you air conditioning and these wonderful Tecate Beer safety hand holds for when you have to stand up in a crowded bus. Now if that ain't worth another 30 cents I don't what is.

4 comments:

  1. you don't here me braggin do ya?....But we're going to go hard at tommorrow and the roosters have been spotted here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffro,You sound like your a quart low?? I was just asking...fej out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you don't feel too bad it will be -20 below tonight in beautiful Dayton Minnesota. I can't wait to see the fish pictures! Slammed the walleyes again on Mille Lacs. Been pretty awesome when you can bring home a nice limit 2 times in a row. I sort of feel like Jeff King!

    ReplyDelete