Monday, December 17, 2012

Wew...what a week

18 bucks a day for Internet in your suite at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan....didn't they hear we had a bad year ? I started to post from their Internet cafe but it was 85 degrees in there and I had these nasty black ants biting me so, it had to wait. But now life is better, we're home at our building with perfect Internet and perfect....well just about everything.

The resort was fantastic but we had a day of rain and 3 days of clouds and wind. So we did something I said we'd never do, a timeshare presentation at Emerald Bay. You guys know what I'm talking about. The next time we decide to save / make money the easy way I'll just give myself a root canal. The resort was fantastic, just gorgeous, my first reaction was " wow this place is way to nice for us" but we got all showed around by a real nice gringo lady named Cheryl.
I guess most people are  impressed with the fountains and the pool areas or maybe even the fact that they stage the suite with a bubble bath already drawn....I was wondering if they had beer in the fridge actually but the coolest thing I saw was this 100 year old cactus, I mean that things like old General Sherman the huge tree in Sequoia National Park.
And the gym was out of this world. For all my gym rat buddies at home I have to say, it was the nicest one I've ever seen, marble, fountains, hot rocks, water plunges and everything a fitness freak needs, including free weights...I had to try the dumbbells.
Then after touring you through all the ornateness in the world and the fanciest restaurants and bars staffed by the friendliest people you end up going through this door, nothing on it and tucked away out of earshot....yikes. That don't look good.
Theres a really nice guy in there, the closer and his names George. I know that for sure because I called him Joe by accident. It went like this after all the modern math...
" so just why don't you want to purchase today, you know the special rates are only valid today"
" I'm just not feeling the qwan"
"the WHAT ?"
"the qwan George...spiritual people like me are driven by their inner selves, we listen to our sub conscious"
"that's the craziest thing I've ever heard"
"I'm sure you're a great guy George but frankly I'm just not feeling connected"
" you're not connected alright buddy"
" maybe if we had 10 or 15 minutes of silence I could muster up the vibe"
" you gotta be kidding".......

Then the darnest thing happened. I asked if I could take a picture of this worksheet of his, I mean the guys an expert and this thing is like a Picasso.
And that's when the wheels came off the cart. Old Georges' face got the color of an old spawner and he semi yelled " you're one of those guys that doesn't trust ANYBODY ! "..... I said " no, no George, I trust everybody, I'm a writer and that thing there in front of you is super cool".  Ol George is semi furious as he tells me he's been doing this for 30 #&*(# years and I'm the first one to ever take a pic of his work sheet....yikes I knew right then that getting a pic of George for the blog was out of the question. So, it was interview over, hello fillet minnon and a 42 dollar bottle of wine. Walla.

Tomorrow the serious fishing starts. Its crazy here, there fish everywhere. The other day I hooked two roosters and lost them both and I had a school of maybe 30 or 40 of them within 25 feet of me. The waters warm and Team X has been catching way better corvina than usual. So please keep and eye out for Mile 14, many fish pics coming soon.

2 comments: